Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What has been happening according to my camera

 A lot has been going on.  Way too much for my brain to handle. 
 We took a tour of temple square.  Spencer said he had never actually been on one.  It was really neat and the spirit was so strong.
 Unfortunately Colton had to work.
 We went to lunch at the Lion House Pantry.  I have only been here a few times, but every time I go I love it.
 Spencer's birthday!  For dinner he wanted barbecued ribs.  They need to simmer overnight or longer and then they cook for 10 hours.  Spencer makes it a little bit better than me, but they still tasted yummy.

 It was fun to celebrate with everyone together for his birthday.  Coby came home just to be able  to make it to Spencer's birthday!  When he came home he and Spencer went to the temple.
 Coby left for Istanbul, Turkey on May 9th.  His trip was up in the air for almost a week.   To make a long story short, his place of employment got postponed until later, but he still had his plane ticket.  He couldn't decide what to do.  He had several friends who were supposed to go with him, but they all decided to wait to go to Turkey.  So Coby with such a spirit of adventure, decided to go to Turkey alone.  Honestly, it has scared me  silly.  I have been so worried.  He is on my mind at all times.   He thought one of the guys would end up coming and meeting him there, but he missed his plane.  So now Coby is in a hostel by himself,  certifying to teach English as it is a job in high demand in Turkey.  I feel blessed that he  has been in contact with the branch president there and he is helping him, but I also believe in the buddy system.  As much as Coby won't like this, please feel free to include him in your prayers or put his name on the temple roll.  I would greatly appreciate it.

The day before Mother's day when I came home from an all day YW's activity,  these beautiful flowers were waiting for me from Coby with a very sweet note.  I thought it was so thoughtful of him to think of me for Mother's day! My kids all made me a delicious dinner and showered me with fun gifts.  I truly feel blessed to be the mom to all 4 of my children.

I hope soon I have my act together, because it has not been together for many months now.  I cry all the time and get overwhelmed way too easily.  I had to leave in the middle of sacrament  to come home because I was bawling so bad. I have never done that before at church--EVER.  I tried to be pretty discreet, but apparently I wasn't.

I never like to be the one who is having the hard time. I like to help the person who is having the hard time, so this is very unusual for me.  But, I am not going to deny it, because I try to be real and open.  But I certainly hope that I can stop crying  so much and not feel so overwhelmed.  I think I honestly, went 15 years without really crying in public, so maybe it is good, if I am getting in touch with my feelings.  I do feel more isolated since I started working.  My job requires intense problem solving and troubleshooting, that I feel so drained when I come home that I just want to be a hermit.  Of course, that never happens because I have so much to do to catch up, so I feel so tired constantly.  I get up each morning at 5am, so I am not getting enough sleep either.   I keep thinking after I finish this project, it will be better, but that doesn't happen.  There is always something else and most likely always will be.  Someday, soon I will get my act together!!!   I am just grateful for a patient husband and children.  They have all been so willing to pitch in and help!!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Big hug. I hold my emotions in too and sometimes it's too much to hold onto and we burst. Maybe for weeks at a time. Keep praying and believe things will work out. You are so strong. Keep the faith.