Thursday, May 23, 2013

The things Matt missed

We enveloped Matt back into our arms last week  to welcome him back after 5 days in Dallas.  Boy did I miss my man and I think it’s safe to say he missed us  too.  He didn't enjoy being super close to the tornado's either.

Here are a few of the other things he missed (besides us), for better or for worse:
--watching Kara drive to school each day
--crazy dogs that would fight.
--the happenings of Coby in Turkey
--yummy dinners
--I got released from Young Women's  :( 
--Identity theft on my credit card----AGAIN
--Kara doing a TON of homework until all hours of the night!

Since he has been back:
Coby has found a place to live in Turkey.  No more sharing a room with 8 complete strangers!

He is living (above)  here for a month when a friend he met in Turkey until his friends come and join him next month.  I am excited that he found a place to live.

Kara had her  last school choir concert and she sang a solo.  She did an amazing job!!!!

Kara's doing a lot of homework still.  Seriously, that girl needs to take a break---oh yeah summer is almost here for her to take her break!!!! 

I got a lot of kudos at work---YEAH!!!  I am finally starting to get the hang of it. My boss handed me a gift card since I have been improving so much.   He told my brother I am the FUTURE superstar.  I am sure he was kidding, but it was very nice to receive some positive words when it has taken me so long to really learn about this job.   I had no idea this job could have involved so much work and that it could be this complex.   Someday I will share, but I know I would bore you to tears!

 I did get released from Young Women's after almost serving there for 3 years.  I was completely overwhelmed so it was the right thing, but it was sad, nonetheless.  I love working with the girls, but working with the girls requires a lot of time and I seem to have a short supply of that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Change is always good. I'm glad way over in turkey you are finding peace and that coby is doing well. Does he like it?