Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Happy 23rd Birthday Spencer----May 1, 1990

(I apologize for the crooked pages.  I seriously need some scanning help, but this will have to do for now).

Happy Birthday Spencer!!  Tuesday, May 1st 1990 was an extremely HAPPY Day for your dad and I because we got to meet you after waiting and anticipating your arrival. Your brother Coby was so excited to finally meet you too.  He was so thrilled he had a baby brother--he use to call you Spencie.  
From the day you were born you have brought a happiness to our family that we  didn't quite have before.  You have always had a bright light/happiness about you that just radiated JOY and you continue to have it today!
Spencer's 1st few weeks and me looking terrible after his birth

When Spencer was born he was taken by C-section a week early and he came out a whopping 9'6 and was 22 1/2 long a little after 1pm.  I was grateful I had chosen a C-section (Coby was taken C-section so I had the option) after the doctor estimated he would weigh around 6 pounds when he was born on his due date.  Boy was he wrong.  However, because he was taken as a C-section, and because of how his lungs were positioned when he took his first breath he ended up having a very small hole in his lung.  The first few days he was born  he was hooked up to all kinds of tubes and breathing devices and he couldn't be held.   It really scared Matt and I and they wouldn't bring him to my room so I had to go to him. You were born in the afternoon and I had to wait a while to even be able to come and see you since I was numb from the waist down and they wouldn't let me move.  It was the longest few hours ever and I was so worried.  I loved him so much without barely seeing him and I have been loving him every since.  Below are some of the things I love about Spencer!



1.Spencer has a strong spirit. He was a fighter from the day he was born.

Younger pictures of Spencer.  He was such a happy baby and he LOVED his pacifier.
2.  I love that Spencer can make anything FUN.

Spencer throughout the years
3.  I love Spencer's sense of humor. Sometimes I miss it and think he is serious, but then I realize he is only kidding and that really makes me laugh.

4.  I love what a hard worker he is.  He is never late to work and he has to be there at 6:30. WOW! He is very dependable.

5.  Spencer is very disciplined.  He goes to bed early enough that he will get plenty of sleep, even when there is a lot of FUN happening around the house.

6. Spencer is very devoted to what he believes in.

7. I love Spencer's thirst for knowledge. He is always learning and he knows so many randoms things that it sometimes boggles my mind! He is such a smartie pants!!!
Spencer with his adorable smile!  He is such a handsome boy and Man!

8.  Spencer is very loyal to his family.  He always tries to help others.  He tries as hard as he can to come to family functions. 
Recent family picture

9.  I love how honest Spencer is.  He shares how he feels even when it isn't the popular opinion.

10.  I love that Spencer blogs and shares his testimony in a very real way.  http://alittleoffthebeatenpath.blogspot.com/   Spencer has learned a lot of lessons because he yearns to learn each and everyday.
Spencer in Halloween costumes,  his baptism day and with his Great Grandma Fowler

11.  Spencer is very caring.  He serves others quietly, but he does small gestures that sometimes could easily go unnoticed if you aren't looking for them.  He is a protector of women.  He wants to keep those he loves safe and he feel very responsible.

12. Spencer is so loyal to Kara and all of his siblings.  However,  I do love how he adores and treats her like a princess.  It is so sweet to see them together.
Halloween,  birthdays and Spencer on his new bike

13. I love how Spencer goes to  the temple each week and has made a commitment to do so.  Once Spencer has his mind set to something it is really hard to get in his way!
Spencer in front to the Fiji temple

14. I love how helpful Spencer is.  If you ask him to do something he will do it.  He is very helpful.
Family vacation, Honors award and another new bike, all from 12-14 yrs old

15.  Spencer is an amazing cook.  He doesn't especially love cooking, but he is such a good cook.  He creates some of the best recipes ever. He cooks dinner one night a week and it is always delicious and healthy.

16.  I love how knowledgeable Spencer is about sports.  He knows everything about sports and he especially loves the Seahawks.  He is so devoted to them no matter how they play.
Spencer at a Seahawks game with his friend Brian

17.  I love seeing how kind and considerate Spencer is with a girlfriend or girls in general.  He is so kind and loving and he goes overboard to let them know they are a daughter of God. He will be a wonderful husband and father someday.

18. I love how much Spencer loves the outdoors.  He loves to hike, camp and explore the beautiful world and is always planning a new adventure. His dad and I love his adventurous spirit.  He is certainly an explore at heart.

19.  I love how well Spencer treats his dog Gracie. He is wonderful with her and only gets her the best of everything.
Various dances Spencer went to in high school and 18th birthday

20. I love how much Spencer loves music.  He has great music taste and even though I don't know all the bands he loves,  I appreciate his love for it.

Senior pictures and Spencer and his ultimate Frisbee team
21. I love how good Spencer is with money.  He has always been really good at saving money and understands the importance of being frugal.


22.  I love how strong minded Spencer is.  When he believes in something he doesn't care if others don't agree with his opinion.  He just stays strong to his beliefs.  We need more people like this in the world.
Spencer in the Redwoods on an awesome hike

23. I love Spencer's imaginative mind. As a child he could think up of some of the most imaginative things.  He still does that today with some of ideas and thoughts.  I love hearing his perspective about the world through his imagination.

Spencer you bring sunshine into each and every day. I am so grateful that you are my son and I learn so much from you.  I love and adore you!!!  Happy Birthday Spencer!!
Love~ Mom

No comments: