Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Multitasking 101

A week and a half ago I went with my brother Mark to hear my niece Layla perform at the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point.She has an amazing voice.



Later that evening I met Matt for dinner. Coby and Spencer had given us a gift card for dinner at
Christopher's Steak and Seafood.  It was delicious!!! 
On Saturday my friend Linda and I went out for lunch.  She came over to my home, it is hard to believe she has never been here before, but we always usually meet for lunch.  So it was fun to show her where I live.

The rest of Saturday was spent running errands.  It seems like I spend a lot of my Saturday's doing that now that I am working.  Kara spent all day at Bingham helping the various schools who came for the Theater Dance competition.  She went to parties both nights and Spencer went to Moab.  It was mostly Matt and I home, too bad he had to work all day Saturday.

Coby has had a some winding down activities since he is about to graduate for BYU. It has made me very reflective as I think of all he has accomplished in his short life.  I am happy for him, but I have certainly shed some tears when I contemplate that he is moving to Turkey in just a couple weeks.  He has a lot of exciting times coming and I am so delighted for him.

Above is a picture of Coby and his friend Seth meeting the Mayor of Provo at one of his closing events!!!


Last Tuesday Matt and I went to Provo to join Coby for a very nice dinner and to hear the Governor Herbert speak. 

On Wednesday my nephew Johnny and his roommate came and stayed with us.  It was fun to hear how his adventures at BYU-Idaho are going. Johnny is the one in the middle in the dark shirt and his roommate is standing on the right side.  After visiting Matt and Johnny went to a late night movie.  Spencer was kind enough to make dinner for our  whole group.  He is quite the chef.

On Thursday Kara went to BYU for a German Foreign Language event.  She competed in a singing event.  She sang in front of several judges singing in German.  Coby helped her with pronunciation and she got awarded the Best of Fair for the German Language which means she got 1st place out of all the German contestants. 




Matt and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary on Monday. We have been so busy that it was very low key.  But Matt had a pretty flower arrangement delivered to my work. He then came to my office and brought me my favorite kind of sandwich and we ate lunch together. I love the simple things!


Below is the Graduation Announcement I made for Coby's graduation.  It a little more creative and not as much money as the traditional kind.  We are excited for his graduation in a couple of days. 


I am experiencing  more good days than bad days, but I am still a more emotional person than normal and than what I want to be. 

 Today Colton took a ton of placements tests.  We are meeting with his vocation counselor to discuss the results and make a plan.  He has been so busy going to events or como plays.  He likes so many things that I  have no knowledge about. However, he goes to Institute each week faithfully and that I understand. 

Spencer got a recognition/award at work.  He is such a hard worker.  He has made it a goal to go to the temple every Wednesday.

Tomorrow Kara takes her driver's test.  I am excited for her to get her driver's license, but terrified of thinking about her driving all by herself.  

Our life seems to be in continual motion.  Someday it will slow down and be a semi slower motion, but for now I am trying my best to enjoy the journey!

Things I have learned: 
Don't get too bent out of shape when things don't go  the way you want them.  I seem to be learning this lesson over and over again.

You can accomplish a lot if you wake up every morning between 1 and 2 am.  This has become my new waking up time, and I can't figure out why, but it is driving me crazy and of course it makes me so tired.

It doesn't help to be angry at someone/ some people.  Especially if they don't know even know it because  it just makes you  feel unhappy.

It is hard to see your children be treated unfairly.  My Mother Bear comes out very ferociously and I want to defend.  As my sister in law says,  "Everyone needs a momma bear, but heaven help the person who crosses one."

My husband is AWESOME!  He cleaned out the whole fridge, reorganized the pantry,  put in new mulching in our front yard and he went grocery shopping this week!  WOW, what would I do without him?  

Temporarily shutting down your facebook page creates a lot more time and your phone doesn't vibrate all day long, but you miss seeing what everyone is up to.   

No comments: