Friday, December 7, 2012

Gratitude 28, 29 and 30--A little late!

Post 28
I am grateful to be born and live in the United States.   I feel great to be able  to choose how I want to live my life.
 
Post 29
I am grateful for animals.  I am not naturally an animal loving  person, but since we have 2 dogs I have been trying to do my best to enjoy them.  I love how simple pets love and how they can bring a family closer together.
Post 30
 
I am grateful for the  prophet, and apostles.   When Matt served in a bishopric  a few years back,  we had a sweet older woman that moved in our ward.  She moved during a time that it was stake conference and general conference within a couple weeks of each other and so the bishop hadn't really gotten to meet with her.   
The bishop got a phone call at home one night and he was surprised when the man on the phone introduced himself as President Thomas Monson (this is when he was in the 1st presidency, but not the prophet).  He called to make sure the bishop knew that one of his friends, this older woman,  had moved into his ward. He shared with the bishop her circumstances and asked our bishop to watch over her well.  Then he asked the bishop how he was doing and thanked him for the service he was giving.    
When Matt shared this with me I was touched.  I had always heard stories about how President Monson always served, but this was the 1st time I personally saw how concerned he was with others. 

No comments: