Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day!!!

You would think I wouldn't get emotional still about Father's day, but I do.  It is a bittersweet day.   I miss my dad.  It has been almost 21 years, but it still hurts.   I think it hurts more because both of my parents are gone.  I have never had an adult relationship with my parents. I know what it could have been which was wonderful.  And because of that I have a  void in my life---the unknown.  The. what if's.  It hurts and makes me sad,  but it makes me so grateful for the Atonement knowing that the Savior made it possible for me to be with my family eternally. 

I am so grateful for my  husband and I am grateful that we have Father's day.  I am grateful that he is my man and that we can be parents together.   I love celebrating Father's day because of him and I am so grateful for the family we have  created together.  We have some pretty darn amazing children, if I do say so myself.   

Our church meetings were wonderful.  We had excellent speakers that allowed the spirit to be even more abundant.  I admire people that speak that are so articulate, as this isn't one of my talents orally or in writing.  I always put my foot in my mouth; it is just a planned part of my life.  If I don't that is cause for a celebration!

During the 3rd hour of the block, during young women's, we invited all of the Father's to come join their daughters.  We did the same kind of thing when it was Mother's day and it was beautiful.  I love hearing the young women share feelings they have about their Father's beautiful.  We have amazing young women and part of the reason is because they have such awesome fathers.   And I loved hearing the Father's bear their testimony; especially my husband's. 

For Father's day I took a picture like my friend Camille does  each year.  Which is just a picture of the Father or mother with all of their children. 
Below are a few of them as well as the children helping me cook the food!  I hope you all had a very Happy Father's day too!!






No comments: