Friday, November 18, 2011

I feel so grateful and thankful for.......

Every year for the month of November I try to make some kind of list or decoration where each family member will be able to write things they are thankful for.  It is a little sparse this year with only 4 members living at home.  It is really fun to look at the list on Thanksgiving day, to see all the vast things our family is grateful for!
 Here is a list of some of the things our family listed they were grateful for:
1. Christ.  He. made. it. possible. for. us. to. live. again.  We love our Savior, very much and we are grateful for His atoning  sacrifice for each of us.  We have been fortunate to feel his love for us and because of that we are able to love all of Heavenly Father's children because we know He loves each of His children.
2. My Husband.  I am grateful that I married such a good man, who treats me with kindness, love and respect.  We will be married for 25 years in a few months and I am grateful for my decision to marry him each and every day.
3.  My children.  They have given me a lot of joy and purpose for living.  I feel like my life is enriched because I have them.  I have learned to be better at being selfless from the experiences with them.
4. My parents, I am grateful for all they did for me now more than ever. I realize their sacrifices in my behalf and I feel a tremendous amount of love for them.
5. My sibling,  I have some of the best brothers a girl could ask for.  And then I was blessed with a sweet sister years later. 
6.  I am grateful for the gospel and how it has influenced my life for good.  It truly is "good news."
7.  My extended family-they make our lives complete. They have given us  support, a listening ear, and help in more ways than I can ever express.  
8.  My home! I am so grateful for a warm place to live!  We have all the comforts of life and have never wanted for anything.
9. My husband's job. We have had a couple experiences where we are unemployed and it is no fun.  I am grateful that my husband works hard for our family and never complains about having to do so.
10.  A car!!!  I am so glad that we don't have to walk everywhere.  Matt always keep my car maintained and very safe.  I am grateful he knows so much about cars.
11. Friends!!!!!!  Friends truly make life complete. I love my friends from high school, early married years, and friends in Sandy. I am grateful for the opportunity we had to move because I have met some amazing people that I love and adore!!!
12.  Lynn, my hairdresser!  I love Lynn and can talk to her about anything.  She is so good to me about my hair. She colors my hair ever few weeks at her home for a small amount and for that I am so grateful.  She can work magic when she does my hair.
13.  Food,  I love food!  I love how food can bring families together and help create better memories. I hope when I die that we will be able to still enjoy food!
13. Traveling!!!!  I love to explore new places and to see parts of the world that I haven't experienced before. I am blessed that my husband loves to travel too and because of that, we have went to some amazing places!
14.  My job!!!  I love where I work and I have the best boss anyone could ever ask for!  She is kind, caring and wants what is best for the students at our school.  I have become friends with some very incredible people that will be life  long friends. 
15. Books!!!!  I love to read. I have learned so much from my love of reading.   There is nothing better than having a good book to curl up with. 
16.  The YW's program!!!  I love how inspired it is and I love being able to work with the young woman.  It is my favorite place to work in, in the church. I am grateful I get to work there now while my daughter is in Young Women's.
17. Music!!!  Do I need to say more?
18. The telephone! I am grateful that I have ways to communicate with my son, Coby who lives far away from our family right now.  
19.  Cell phones, facebook, texting!!!!!  I  love being able to communicate with people that I haven't seen for a long time.  I love being able to get information very quickly! 
20.  Health.  I have had times where I had health problems and so I grateful that I am blessed with a healthy body and so are my children and husband.  I am grateful that I am able to keep up with the demands of life because of the body I have been given.
21.  Exercise!!!!  I have always loved to exercise. It make my body feel more energized so I can accomplish a lot in each day.
22.  Washing machine and dryer!!!!  Yay!!!!! So glad I don't have to wash my clothes the old fashion way, by hand.
23. Freedom,  I may not know what it's like to live without freedom, but I do know what it feels like to have choices taken away from you. I may not know what death during war looks like, but I do know what it's like to have someone you love taken without your permission. So, when I think of patriotic liberty within the frame of what I can relate to, freedom becomes more tangible. Easier to hold and appreciate.


 24.  The scriptures!!!!  I love having easy access to what Ardith Kapp called, "letters from home."  I feel the spirit when I read from them.
25.  Prayer!!!!!  I love being able to talk to God like I would a real close friend.
26.  The spirit!  I am grateful to have this positive influence in my life that will never lead me astray. I have been richly blessed by the promptings I receive. 
27.  Nature!  I love the beautiful world that I have the privilege of living in!   There is so much beauty and goodness to enjoy.
28. I am grateful for the little things.  A smile from a stranger,   someone stopping to let me in the lane when traffic is heavy,  kind words,  a warm bowl of soap on a cold day.
29.  Smiles!!!!  I love to smile and I love to be around people who smile. I love to smile at the cute kids that I work with.  It is so cute to see them go from  despondent to all of the sudden happy.
30. Service!!!!  I am grateful to be able to serve others  because it blesses my life abundantly!!!  I am grateful for the small and big acts of service I have been blessed to be a part of!!!