Sunday, November 20, 2011

Goals


 

I've been thinking a lot about goals lately. See, I have a brother and sister in law that have ran a lot of marathons. They both set goal to do this a long time ago, and so they ran. Not my favorite kind of goal, if you ask me. Anything that makes you sweaty is ridiculous and those running outfits just aren't pretty. No one, I repeat, no one looks good in spandex. Ever. Did you know you actually have to PAY to run in a marathon?  I definitely remember both of my brothers using the word 'death' to describe their marathon experience.....AND THEY PAID FOR IT!

I actually did a half marathon with my sister in law Suzanne.  Honestly, I just didn't get what the fuss was about.  Even now, their goal has got me thinking about my goals. A couple of years ago I set a goal to floss more than I had the year before--which wasn't going to be that hard. How could I do anything but improve? I flossed 52 times that year.  Lately I've had a goal to not use as much hairspray. If anyone knows me that well it's quite a stretch for me, but like I said....overachiever. I'm thinking about setting a goal of decreasing my sugar intake by a teaspoon or two. This one is a toughie, so I'll have to fast and pray about it before I commit.

The new year is just around the corner. I should set at least one goal for 2012. It definitely won't be a marathon--the only reason to run that far is to a shoe clearance at Nordstroms. But I do think I should reach beyond any of my previous goals. You know, really stretch myself. Maybe I'll try to floss 14 times. In a year. Always, always an overachiever.