Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fabulous Weekend

I am so excited for the Draper Temple Celebration that is at the conference center on May 29th. It is such an amazing opportunity for Colton and Kara to be a part of. We have practices each week and they are wonderful. We are singing some amazing songs that are beautifully arranged. I am just so glad that I volunteered to help with the driving. Colton's seminary teacher is the director who also happens to be in our stake. He is so fun to listen to. We have been blessed with so many amazing opportunities and one of them is this celebration. I just can't believe how much my cup runneth over with blessings! We truly are blessed.

Saturday night Kara and I went to the Young Women's Conference. It was wonderful. They had a delicious dinner before it that was scrumptious and also the best desserts. It was fun to go to our first young women's conference as it was Kara's first of course since she just turned 12. I LOVE having a daughter. I love young women's and the program they have. I love Personal Progress. My goal is to try and get my medallion again. When I was a leader in it last time I almost had it, but I got released before I was done. I just thing it would be fun to do it with her and I know it will help me too. She gave a talk today in church and did a great job and she is so fun to have around.

The one bummer this weekend is our fridge decided to break! And we had someone come and look at it and they told us what was wrong, but the part we needed has to be shipped. So we have bought a lot of dry ice so that we don't lose everything. It isn't the greatest thing to have a broken fridge with company, but it is kind of funny how ironic it is that it happened.

Today sometime very soon Melissa and Herb (Matt's sister and family) will be coming to Utah to stay this week. We are so excited to have them here and their children--it will be a real treat! My kids can hardly wait for them to get here and I hope that they don't overwhelm them too much with excitement and of course Matt and I are excited too. I do wish the weather would be better for them as it is snowing today.