Thursday, March 26, 2009

24 years ago!

Today marks 24 years since my mom died. It is amazing to me that you can still miss someone so much that died that long ago. So many happy memories. And even though I know that I shouldn't do the what if game, I still sometimes imagine what it would be like to still have her alive and how my life would be different than it is now.

My mom has been the most powerful person in my life and taught me so much. She was such an example to me of being kind, caring, a missionary, always doing good, and brightening others days! She did the simple things each and every day that added up to great things over time. I loved her positive energy and cheerfulness that was so contagious. I feel it was such a blessing to have her the 16 years that I did in my life.

But one thing I do know for sure now is that she still influences my life and impacts it, in ways I feel have truly blessed me. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who still allows my mom to bless me, even from the other side of the veil. I love you Mom!