Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sledding, Christmas program and other happenings!


Today Kara went sledding with her two friends Natalie, and Riley. They have a tradition of going sledding right before Christmas at Eastmont. Matt took them this year since I was wrapping presents most of the day!
Here is a picture of Kara's school Christmas choir. They sang on Wednesday December 17th at Eastmont Middle School. This is Kara's last year of being in the choir since she will be in middle school next year. This is her 6th year of being in the choir. Kara also got some very good news this week about her 6th grade play. They are doing the play Much Ado about Nothing by Shakespeare. She got the part she tried out for, Beatrice so she is pumped! Although she does have to fall in love with Benedick and learn around sixty lines so she has her work cut out. Kara also graduated from NOVA a new program that is taught to replace DARE (the drug free program). Thankfully, Spencer drove my carpool route with Lindsay so I was able to go to the N.O.V.A. program.

Colton had a lot of parties at his school this week. One day I made him Texas Sheet Cake for his whole class (you don't have to buy store brand stuff) and the next day I made him Cinnamon Rolls for another class. He has had a lot of fun at his parties though and found out there is a lot of talented people at his school when they did a Christmas talent show program.

This week we did a lot of Christmas shopping, baking, finishing Christmas cards, visiting teaching, home teaching and other Christmas activities. And in the midst of this we had a TON of snow. Matt had put new tires on my Pilot and they were terrible in the snow. I was sliding into everything and because there was so much snow the roads weren't plowed. Luckily Spencer and Matt put my old un-fancy tires back on my car which I am so grateful for because they drive so well in the snow!

Tomorrow would have been my mom's 67th birthday. I miss her so much and I always feel sort of melancholy on her birthday when I think about what might have been. Every year I convince myself that I won't feel this way, but it is really pretty fruitless since it seems to be what happens on her birthday! I am just so grateful for the HUGE influence she has had on me because of who she was!

We also want to wish Matt's parents a very Happy Anniversary today. We are so glad they got together and hope they have a wonderful day.