Sunday, May 18, 2014

Spencer's Birthday and other things so far this month

We celebrated Spencer's 24th birthday the Sunday after his b-day.  Anne and Meli also joined us.  Meli left to go home to Germany on Mother's day.  We are certainly going to miss her and her sweet personality.  Hopefully, someday we will be lucky enough to see her again.  Here are some of the pictures from Spencer 's birthday.  For Spencer's birthday he requested I make Pulled Pork sandwiches, so we had that and salad, french bread, and veggies. 







 Homemade German Chocolate cake I made for his birthday. My mom use to make this cake when I was a kid.  I loved it then and I love it even more now. 


Me and Meli. It was so fun to have Meli over and talk and giggle together.  She is a fun girl to talk to and she has a very positive optimistic personality.  She is loved by our family! 
 Kara with one of her awards.  She has been very busy this month with play practice, her last improv show, and studying and taking AP tests.  She is so grateful she is done with them. 

 Kara was in a one act play Friday, (May16th) She played Gloom and it was all about not accepting changes well and how we sometimes cling to beliefs or thoughts that aren't healthy for us.  She had described the play to me and it didn't sound like a play I would like, but I was pleasantly surprised.  She did a great job.   The week before that was her last improv performance.  It is such a hard work to be on an improv team.  I never realized all it entailed before, but basically you need to be prepared at any moment to have knowledge and be funny regarding any topic that is thrown at you.
 Yesterday Kara and I went to Westminster college for a whole day student Orientation.  Kara was offered scholarship money for her Science fair project  to Westminster so we spent the day at an orientation.  Westminster is a beautiful college. It is fun to explore the possibilities of different colleges with Kara.
 On Mother's day we had a nice time with the kids, we just missed Coby. The above and below pictures are with my kidlets!   I am grateful that they have become amazing people.  I love them all so much.   I got some very thoughtful gifts from my children and my hubby.  On Saturday while I was at activity days Matt spent the day planting flowers and doing some deep cleaning of our home. It was the nicest surprise!  He is always so thoughtful.  Then he took me shopping for a beautiful gift.  So thoughtful and kind. My children have a great example of what a husband and father should be  




No comments: