Sunday, May 4, 2014

April Happenings....


 Kara got second place at the state competition for Drama/Music.  She competed with the 60 students who made it to state.  She sang her song three times for three different judges.  Then they had the top 9 performers present again. She was one of them and sang in front of a very full auditorium. I would have put that picture on this, but I was so far back you couldn't really hear.    After the performance they had the winners go up to the stage.  Kara got 2nd place. It was funny because she got 2nd place at the Regional event too.  The boy who got first place there didn't place at all.  Kind of funny how that works.
 Just some random pictures of the month of April   Above Matt and I on one of our date nights taking a selfie or is it really a groupie?  
We celebrated out 27 anniversary.  We stayed in the Marriott

Mountainside.  We have the unit for one week from the time share I inherited from my parents, but we only stayed three nights. It is so much cheaper to do it this way rather than paying for a small hotel.  It is nice to have a kitchen and all of the amenities.

In Park city, another one of our selfies.

 Kara went to a dance with her great friend Taegen.  She dressed up as a Pokemon trainer of him.  Not sure what it is called.   Taegan is going to be a foreign exchange student next year.

She went with her improv team.  they had a lot of fun and you can see that they take dressing up and picture taking very seriously.  They are a fun group.  Speaking of improv her improv team performed twice during the month of April.  So two of Matt and I's dates for the month of April were improv events.  

It was Mark's birthday this month and so I decorated his office. I know my brother doesn't really like celebrating his birthday, but I was still surprised when he had all of the decorations down after only an hour.  Luckily, his kids loved the cupcakes my only consolation.

Colton has been doing much better and is on new medication. He seems much happier and this makes me very happy. It was quite scary for a while.   He was able to go to Comic Com and he loved it.  He dressed up as Hans from Frozen. I still have yet to see him in his costume.  He has been working 40+ hours so he seems to never been home.

Spencer moved out on April 27th of this month.  He is now living in Provo and I went and saw his new place and forgot to take a picture.  It is very nice and there are a ton of young people who live right by him.  We hope he likes it.  I certainly miss him, but I realize it is the best thing for him.  He is coming over today so we can celebrate this birthday.

I still haven't finished putting up pictures of our trip to Turkey.  Coby has been in Bulgaria for a young adult conference. He has had a wonderful time.   He lives quite the adventurous life.  We sure miss him and are excited he will be moving closer our way in September.




1 comment:

Angela said...

I Have Enjoyed Catching Up On Your Blog And Reading About Your Trip To Turkey. So Glad You Made It Home Safely!