Saturday, November 2, 2013

Turkey here we come!

Kara and I just reserved our tickets to go and visit Coby in Turkey for his birthday.  We are super excited.  Kara is in shock.   She has never left the country.  Kara wants to travel the world and so Matt really thought she should be able to go too!  Personally, he thinks this trip will cause her to not want to travel the world, but I think it will do the opposite and especially if Coby has anything to do with it!   WOW!!!   We are excited!!!  We will be there almost a week to see Coby and celebrate his birthday and see the sights.  Coby has been keeping us abreast on plane tickets and they just hit a record low now that there is a direct flight to Paris from SLC.  We are super excited to see him in less than 4 months.  I have been working over time to pay for our tickets and since Matt and I have been doing the Dave Ramsey program we have sold some stuff and paid off all of our debt except for our home which we are making LARGE payments too.   Doing this has been giving me much more peace of mind.   It works.  I love having no debt and saving money all over the place.  It has been good for us and now we are excited to go to Turkey.



Below is a picture of Coby finishing another month of Turkish classes!!! 


We are planning a trip for a family vacation sometime in Jan 2015 or February 2015 to take our home family on a cruise.  It is good to save money for such a fun event.  One of my boys asked me if he were married if we would pay for his wife too!  I was thrilled and of course I said yes. Someone thinking of getting married; this makes me happy!  I can't wait to be a grandma and spoil my grandchildren with love, time and attention. 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What an adventure for you and Kara both! Sounds awesome. Up until our drive through Canada, I had never left the country either. It is nice that you will have a tour guide who is comfortably living there. You can't get more American outside of the US than Canada, and it was still nerve-wracking for me sometimes. I was happy when we were back in our own country. That said, I feel more confident and comfortable with future international travels now so sorry Matt, I have to agree with Cami on this one... It will probably just give Kara a taste and comfort for international travel. :)

Angela said...

How exciting!! Have a blast in Turkey!! :)