Saturday, September 7, 2013

Footloose!

Kara got a part in her school play!  It is quite a big deal to get a part in a play where over 2500 students go to your school.  There were over 100 girls who tried out and they only had 4 main parts for girls and she got one of them.  I am so happy for her!  The play is Footloose and she plays the mom. She loves being in musicals.   However, she will be really busy and she will be gone a lot.   
We have gotten situated with Meli in our home.  She is a terrific, kind young women who fits in very well.  We couldn't have asked for a better host daughter-SERIOUSLY!!!   It has been fun getting to know her and to see her get to know others in our neighborhood/ward. I think she is adapting very well.  She just switched schools, before she was going to two schools and now just one.  I am happy we were able to make it work.

We have taken her downtown to City Creek and Temple Square.  We have taken her to the movies and she thinks everything here is so BIG.  I guess things are small in Germany, comparatively.  She has given me a fresh perspective on life and it is a good one.



I started working the 7am shift and I am really liking it since I get off at 3:30.  I have been working there for  6 months now and it is amazing how much I have learned and yet I  realize  I still have much to learn.  I have made some really good friends.  They just hired one of my best friends so I am so excited to be able to work with her.  I worked with her at the elementary school and now I get to work with her again.  I had another friend start working with me 2 months ago that I have been helping train and it is hard.  I can't express enough how much I need to learn.  I never thought I would be a computer programmer in a million years.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Footloose will be a fun play! Congrats Kara. Talked to cute mele the other day she is so sweet and I am so lad she's working out better than expected! I love that she even sang in sacrament. Our exchange student still keeps in contact with us. My bigget regret was not going back to Germany w her hen she left-stupid boyfriend!

Unknown said...

Footloose will be a fun play! Congrats Kara. Talked to cute mele the other day she is so sweet and I am so lad she's working out better than expected! I love that she even sang in sacrament. Our exchange student still keeps in contact with us. My bigget regret was not going back to Germany w her hen she left-stupid boyfriend!