Monday, September 30, 2013

Bronchitis, homecoming, fireside talk

I started getting sick with a sinus infection a few weeks ago.  For most of my life I have had them and I learned if I just use a nasal rinse, take  my allergy medicine daily, that they generally go away.  Well, this didn't work and I was getting a horrible cough.  I missed work because of having a  fever, the chills, and feeling horrible.  Finally, I went to the doctor and he said I had bronchitis.  I was kind of shocked as I have never had this before. Hopefully, I am on the mend now, but I must admit my cough sounds nasty.   I despise being sick.  I have missed two baby showers, a wedding reception, going to the Relief Society General Meeting, (thankfully I was able to watch it on TV),  church, work etc.  I am grateful whenever I have good health. It is no fun being sick.

Kara gave a talk last night for the Stake Youth fireside. She spoke on Looking up.  I felt so bad that I missed her talk because I was sick. Matt even called me as she was talking, but I couldn't make out what she was saying.  Matt said that she did a terrific job though.  I am grateful for that.  Kara is on the stake Youth committee and she seems to really enjoy working with the youth in our stake.

On Saturday night Kara went out on a date with Matt.  It was homecoming night and he was her date.  I thought it was the cutest thing.  She has been busy with play practice, improv practice, mid terms etc. 

Meli went to homecoming on Saturday night.  In the picture below are three of her friends who are also foreign exchange students.  She had a good time.    She has been very busy. 
I am so looking forward to General Conference and feeling better. 

No comments: