Friday, December 10, 2010

Enough Already!

What is it with this time of year? I have so much to do, take care of, clean, attend, blah, blah, blah. I think my head is going to explode. I know I am speaking collectively for all mothers. Explode. At least at that point the craziness would all stop. If I exploded, I wouldn't have to seach ONE-MORE-STORE for the one item I can't find!

While I was pulling into the parking lot of the 5th store on my list for the day, I remembered a childhood Christmas. It was the year of the Holly Hobbie dolls. I recalled my mom telling me when I was older about waiting in line for the store to open that year. And then all the mothers in a frenzy to grab the dolls. At the time I thought she was crazy. As I sat in the parking lot today, I realized she was a supermom.

For all of us who are stretched to our limits, maybe we could all plan to explode simultaneously. Wouldn't that be amazing!? A unified message, don't ya think? I just hope it doesn't mess up my hair.