Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine's Crafts and Goodies!


Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holiday's because I am so in love with hearts! Of course I love the other holidays too, but I especially love Valentine's so I can decorate with hearts and focus on LOVE. I have loved hearts for as long as I can remember. Some of my friends use to tease me about it too. But they came through when I got married (hee, hee) because a couple of my friends got me heart dish towels, heart heating pads, a heart cake pan, heart decorations and even heart pillows. It just all kind of goes along with my very girly girl personality. My mother in law even made us a beautiful quilt as a wedding gift in a pink satin material with ahearts all over it. It was and is still beautiful! So here are some of the things I have made for Valentine's day and one project I am still working on!

The Valentine Day Topiary was super easy to make. I found it on one of my favorite blogs---theidearoom.blogspot.com. Amy, who does this blog is simply amazing. And then I also made just made the balls minus the cute bucket and hung them around and they look cute too, also a great idea from her blog too.







Triple Chocolate Bread (a little blurry) I made for neighbors, people I visit teach and for my family. Boy is it yummy. I got this from one of my favorite family recipe web sites.

After the bread cooled we cut hearts shapes out and put them between two pieces of wax paper and then ironed them. This is an idea that Martha Stewart has shared. We then delivered the bread in that.

Here is the final look! One of the reasons I L0Ve Valentine's Day!