Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Johnny leaves for the MTC!!!


Today was the big day for Johnny to enter the MTC. We were all so excited for him! I was a little nervous for him, but he seemed to be so together.

Suzanne and Matthew were very gracious to put together a wonderful breakfast for four families. And it was delicious. Even Robert (Annette's brother came). I am excited for Johnny to make wonderful memories on his mission. He is going to be an excellent Ambassador of the Lord. I have so loved watching you grow! And you are going to be one of the most handsome missionaries in Washington D.C mission ever.

That night we had our Enrichment and it went very well so I was very relieved. Everyone brought there assignments and we had a wonderful tasters table of things the sisters had from their food storage, garden etc. Those that spoke were so informative and we all learned much from everyone and got some great recipes in the process. It all was so delicious. I made Suzanne's recipe for Zucchini tomato soup. It is a delicious recipe. Sisters who claim they don't like zucchini or tomatoes raved about the soup and my family enjoyed it too. We had a good turn out and now the next quarterly Enrichment activity will be our Christmas dinner. But we have plenty of our Enrichment groups in the meantime to keep me busy.